Hawaii Generation Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by AES near Kapolei, Hawaii.
- Owner: AES Hawaii Inc.
- Parent Company: AES
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 203 MW
- Units and In-Service Dates: 203 MW (1992)
- Location: 91-086 Kaomi Loop, Kapolei, HI 96707
- GPS Coordinates: 21.306111, -158.10805
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,624,335 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
The following table gives more info on this plant's SO2 emissions levels, as well as on whatever SO2 emissions "scrubbers" (Flue Gas Desulfurization units, or FGDs) have been installed at the plant. Each of the plant's units is listed separately, and at the bottom overall data for the plant is listed.
||MWh Produced (2005)
||SO2 Emissions (2002)
||SO2 Emissions per MWh (approx.)
||Average Annual Coal Sulfur Content
||FGD Unit Type
||FGD In-Service Year
||FGD SO2 Removal Efficiency
Articles and Resources
- ↑ Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- ↑ EIA-767, Energy Information Administration, 2005.
Related SourceWatch Articles