AES Hickling Generation Plant
AES Hickling Generation Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by AES near Corning, New York. It is currently on cold standby, and AES plans to either install new pollution controls at the plant, or shut it down.
In 1999, AES purchased six power plants in New York (including the Hickling station) from NGE Generation, Inc. for $953 million. The other stations included in the deal were AES Somerset, AES Cayuga, AES Greenidge, AES Westover, and AES Jennison.
- Owner: AES Hickling LLC
- Parent Company: AES
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 70 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 30 MW (1948), 40 MW (1952)
- Location: 11884 Hickling Rd., Corning, NY 14830
- GPS Coordinates: 42.122556, -76.982417
- Electricity Production: 0 MW (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 0 tons (2005)
- SO2 Emissions: 0 tons (2005)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 0 tons (2005)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- ↑ New York PSD Settlements: AES and NRG Cases, Jan. 27, 2005.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "AES completes acquistion of six power plants in New York with total capacity of 1424 MW", Business Wire via High Beam Research, May 14, 1999.
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|