Abitibi Snowflake Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of coal plants|
Abitibi Snowflake Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by AbitibiBowater near Snowflake, Arizona. It powers AbitibiBowater's Snowflake pulp and paper mill.
- Owner/Parent Company: AbitibiBowater
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 70.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 27.2 MW (1961), 43.3 MW (1974)
- Location: Hwy. 277, 15 miles west of Snowflake, AZ 85937
- GPS Coordinates: 34.505389, -110.334755
- Electricity Production: 412,504 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 887,556 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 1,519 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 7.36 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 1,857 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
- Global Coal Plant Tracker
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|