Prof. Dr. Adel El-Beltagy "is currently the Chair of the Global Forum on Agricultural Research (GFAR). He is Chairman of the International Dryland Development Commission (IDDC) and Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture/Ain Shams University He was Director General of the International Center for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA) (1995-2006); Director/Board Chairman of Agricultural Research Center, Egypt (1991-1995); Fellow of the University of Wales (1993); Chairman for the Scientific Technical Council of the International SAHARA and SAHEL OBSERVATORY (SSO) (1993-2002); First Under-Secretary of State for Land Reclamation, Egypt (1986-1991). Foreign Member of the Russian academy of Agricultural Sciences, Moscow; Academician (Foreign Member) of the Tajik Academy of Agricultural Sciences; and Honorable Academician of Kyrgyz Agrarian Academy; He is Honorable Professor of the Scientific Council of Azerbaijan Agricultural Academy; Fellow of Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), and has been awarded Al-Istiklal Medal by His Majesty King Abdullah II bin Hussein of Jordan; He has authored/co-authored more than 140 scientific publications." 
- Director, Millennium Ecosystem Assessment 
- Director, Global Crop Diversity Trust
- Executive Council, Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research 
- Trustee, Bibliotheca Alexandria 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Directors, Global Crop Diversity Trust, accessed December 7, 2007.
- Millennium Ecosystem Assessment Board, organizational web page, accessed November 28, 2014.
- Executive Council, Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, accessed April 30, 2008.
- Trustees, Bibliotheca Alexandria, accessed February 10, 2011.