Air Products and Chemicals
|Company Name||Air Products and Chemicals|
|CEO Name||John McGlade|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$24,513,351|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$761,600,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$10,082,000,000|
|Tax Dodger ('08-'10)||18.9%|
|Territorial Tax Break||$968,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$5,325,000|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Air Products and Chemicals describes itself as having "a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and services."Air Products has 20,000 employees and operations in more than 50 countries, serving a wide range of industries from food and beverage, health and personal care to energy, transportation and semiconductors.
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Mario L. Baeza -- Founder and Controlling Shareholder of Baeza & Co. and Founder and Executive Chairman of V-Me Media, Inc.
- Susan K. Carter -- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of KBR, Inc.
- William L. Davis III -- Retired Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of R.R. Donnelley and Sons Company.
- Chadwick C. Deaton -- Executive Chairman of Baker Hughes Incorporated.
- Michael J. Donahue -- Former Group Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of BearingPoint, Inc.
- Ursula O. Fairbairn -- President and Chief Executive Officer, Fairbairn Group, LLC.
- W. Douglas Ford -- Retired Chief Executive, Refining and Marketing, of BP Amoco plc. (“BP”).
- Evert Henkes (Presiding Director) Former Chief Executive Officer of Shell Chemicals Ltd.
- John E. McGlade -- Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
- Margaret G. McGlynn -- President and Chief Executive Officer, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative.
- Lawrence S. Smith -- Former Chief Financial Officer of Comcast Corporation.
Corporate Executive Committee
As of January 2013
- John E. McGlade -- Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer
- Paul E. Huck -- Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Stephen J. Jones -- Senior Vice President and General Manager, Tonnage Gases, Equipment and Energy, and China President
- John W. Marsland -- Senior Vice President and General Manager Merchant Gases
- Guillermo Novo -- Senior Vice President and General Manager Electronics, Performance Materials, Strategy and Technology
- Corning F. Painter -- Senior Vice President Supply Chain
- John D. Stanley -- Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
7201 Hamilton Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18195-1501
email: info AT airproducts.com
Resources and Articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Air Products, Company Overview, organization website, accessed January 18, 2013
- Air Products, Board of Directors Biographies, organization website, accessed January 18, 2013
- Air Products, Leadership, organization website, accessed January 18, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|