Andrew Kimbrell, J.D., has been Executive Director of the Center for Food Safety (CFS) since 1997, as well as of its parent organization, the International Center for Technology Assessment (ICTA), since 1994.  Kimbrell is a fellow of the Institute on Biotechnology and the Human Future. 
"Prior to becoming Executive Director at ICTA, Mr. Kimbrell was senior attorney and policy director of the Greenhouse Crisis Foundation, where he organized the first Global Summit on Global Warming (1989) and the initial International Local Leaders' Summit on Global Environmental Issues (1990). He filed the first litigation requiring government agencies to prepare environmental impact statements on how their agencies' actions affected ozone layer depletion and global warming. Mr. Kimbrell was also a senior consultant with the Environmental Law Institute in their International Environmental Law Project, which assisted Eastern European nations to develop environmental legislation tailored to their particular economic, social and environmental needs."
Kimbrell is the author of:
- "101 Ways to Help Save the Earth", 1990.
- "The Human Body Shop: The Engineering and Marketing of Life", Harper Collins, 1991, 3rd Edition, 1998; Gateway Editions, 2nd edition, May 25, 1997, ISBN 0895264188.
- "The Masculine Mystique. The Politics of Masculinity", Ballantine Books, New York, NY 1995, ISBN 0345386582.
- General editor of "The Green Lifestyle Handbook", Henry Holt & Company, Inc., New York, NY, 1991.
- "Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture", Island Press, Washington, DC, 2002; Foundation for Deep Ecology, May 1, 2002, ISBN 1559639415.
- "Your Right to Know: Genetic Engineering and the Secret Changes in Your Food", Earth Aware Editions, March 28, 2007, ISBN 1932771190.
- Director, International Forum on Globalization
- Former Policy Director, Foundation on Economic Trends
- Advisory Board, Nature Institute 
- Website: http://www.andrewkimbrell.org
Resources and articles
- Steering Committee, Center for Corporate Policy, accessed August 19, 2007.
- Nature Institute People, organizational web page, accessed May 28, 2013.
- Bio: Andrew Kimbrell, AndrewKimbrell.org.
- Staff Bio: Andrew Kimbrell, Center for Food Safety.
- Staff Bio: Andrew Kimbrell, ICTA.
- Bio: Andrew Kimbrell, J.D., Institute on Biotechnology and the Human Future.
- "Andrew Kimbrell: A Musician Turns to Law to Protect Environment," AgBiotech Buzz, 2004.