Anthony Romero "is Executive Director of the American Civil Liberties Union. Prior to that, he led the Ford Foundation's Human Rights and International Cooperation Program. He also served for nearly five years as a Ford Foundation Programme Officer for Civil Rights and Racial Justice; and for two years on the programme staff of the Rockefeller Foundation.“  In 2007, Romero and co-author and NPR correspondent Dina Temple-Raston published “In Defense of Our America: The Fight for Civil Liberties in the Age of Terror.”
- Council Member, International Council on Human Rights Policy
- Director, National Women's Law Center 
- Member, Inter-American Dialogue
- Scholar/Advisor, International Freedom Center
- Advisory Board for the Reebok Human Rights Award 
- Winner (2011), Margaret Sanger Award 
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Board, National Women's Law Center, accessed September 14, 2010.
- [http://www.reebok.com/Static/global/initiatives/rights/text-only/awards/advisors.html Advisors], Reebok Human Rights Foundation, accessed January 21, 2008.
- Margaret Sanger Award, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, accessed November 25, 2011.