Archer Daniels Midland Cedar Rapids Power Plant
Archer Daniels Midland Cedar Rapids Power Plant is a coal-fired power station at the corn processing facility owned and operated by Archer Daniels Midland near Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Owner/Parent Company: Archer Daniels Midland
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 256 MW
- Units and In-Service Dates: 31 MW (1988), 31 MW (1988), 31 MW (1988), 31 MW (1988), 31 MW (1995), 101 MW (2000)
- Location: 1350 Waconia Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- GPS Coordinates: 41.927344, -91.689879
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 1,305,527 tons (2006), 2,616,899.1 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions: 3,395.58 tons (2008)
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions: 1743.34 tons (2008)
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- ↑ Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Iowa Operating Permit Application, Form 5.0, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Iowa and coal
- Archer Daniels Midland
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|