Archer Daniels Midland Clinton Power Plant
Clinton Cogeneration Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Archer Daniels Midland near Clinton, Iowa. The plant provides power to ADM's Clinton corn processing plant.
- Owner/Parent Company: Archer Daniels Midland
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 31.4 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 3.5 MW (1940), 7.5 MW (1954), 9.4 MW (1965), 4.0 MW (1974), 7.0 MW (1991)
- Location: 1251 Beaver Channel Pkwy., Clinton, IA
- GPS Coordinates: 41.808002, -90.232833
- Electricity Production: 195,854 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 499,781 tons (2006), 923,141.42 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions: 5,287 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 53.99 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 5,003 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Iowa and coal
- Archer Daniels Midland
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|