Archer Daniels Midland Des Moines Power Plant
Des Moines Cogeneration Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Archer Daniels Midland in Des Moines, Iowa. The plant provides power to ADM's Des Moines soybean processing facility.
- Owner/Parent Company: Archer Daniels Midland
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 7.9 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 7.9 MW (1988)
- Location: 1942 East Hull Ave., Des Moines, IA 50316
- GPS Coordinates: 41.624722, -93.584467
- Electricity Production: 58,427 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 103,417 tons (2006), 152,081.93 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 268 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Iowa and coal
- Archer Daniels Midland
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|