Archer Daniels Midland Peoria Power Plant
Peoria Cogeneration Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Archer Daniels Midland near Peoria, Illinois. The plant provides power to ADM's Peoria corn processing and ethanol production facility.
- Owner/Parent Company: Archer Daniels Midland
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 15.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 1.5 MW (1934), 1.5 MW (1934), 4.0 MW (1954), 4.0 MW (1985), 4.0 MW (1985)
- Location: 1 Edmund St., Peoria, IL 61602
- GPS Coordinates: 40.67664, -89.6045
- Electricity Production: 288,735 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 866,206 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 8,256 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 2,679 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Illinois and coal
- Archer Daniels Midland
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|