Arent Fox PLLC
Arent Fox PLLC, founded in 1942 by Henry J. Fox, Albert E. Arent, Edwin L. Kahn, Harry M. Plotkin and Earl W. Kintner and "now with nearly 300 lawyers in offices in Washington, DC, New York and Los Angeles," is a "dynamic, diversified firm with 26 practice groups and an emphasis on real estate, life sciences and intellectual property," its website states.
"Henry J. Fox, who founded the firm in 1942, started its labor, government contract and administrative practice. He successfully argued a case before the US Supreme Court establishing the obligation of the US government to pay double and premium pay to a large class of government employees who were required to work without extra pay on legal holidays during World War II. He served as the firm’s first managing partner.
"Albert E. Arent joined the firm in 1944 and was actively involved in the business community and local charitable affairs. He founded the firm’s tax and real estate practice and was the initial guiding force behind the firm’s pro bono work. The firm’s award for outstanding pro bono work is named in his honor.
"Edwin L. Kahn joined the firm in 1955 after serving in high-level positions with the Internal Revenue Service, where he played a prominent role in drafting the 1954 Internal Revenue Code. He was very active in the American Bar Association and was instrumental in establishing the firm’s national reputation in the field of federal income taxation.
"Harry M. Plotkin joined the firm in 1956 after serving as the assistant general counsel to the Federal Communications Commission and founded the firm’s communications practice. He argued many important cases before the US Supreme Court, including cases that were significant in the development of the doctrine of freedom of speech as it applied to the media.
"Earl W. Kintner joined the firm in 1961 after serving as chairman and general counsel of the Federal Trade Commission and helped build the firm’s national reputation in the field of federal trade regulation. He was also a major supporter of the Legal Aid Society and the Federal Bar Association. With Earl Kintner’s arrival, the firm adopted the name Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin & Kahn. It was changed to Arent Fox in early 2004.
In 2006, Arent Fox's total lobbying income was $3,840,000. Clients in 2006 included: 
- ACC Capital Holdings
- Acxiom Corp
- American College of Nurse Practitioners
- American Interventional Pain Physicians
- Aventis Pasteur USA
- Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Bridgestone Corp
- Business Software Alliance
- CAEAR Coalition
- California Dairies Inc
- Catfish Institute
- Comcast Corp
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Computer Sciences Corp
- DC United
- FedBid Inc
- Forest City Enterprises / Forest City Washington
- Golf Course Specialists
- Healthcare Distribution Management Association
- Insight Health Services Corp
- Jacksonville State University
- Marywood University
- Memorial Hospital
- MHA Management Services
- Modern Transit Partnership
- Moses Taylor Hospital
- National Association of Convenience Store Operators
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse
- National Coalition/Quality Diagnostic Imaging Svc
- New York Mercantile Exchange
- OII Steering Committee
- One Million Republicans PAC (FEC: May 8, 2007)
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Peer Chain
- Public Defender Service for DC
- Riceland Foods
- Rosemary Love et al
- Schering-Plough Corp
- Tennessee Technological University
- Trinidad/Benham Corp
- University of Arkansas / University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
- Washington Drama Society/Arena Stage
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library Foundation
- York County, PA
Attorneys can be located via the searchable database.
- Profile: Arent Fox, NNDB.com.
- Lobbying Database: Arent Fox et al., Open Secrets.
- Profile: Arent Fox PLLC, LobbyWatch / Center for Public Integrity.
Resources and articles
- Appleseed Foundation
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum
- John Dwyer
- Eugene Massey - Counsel
- American University
- National Executive Service Corps
- Fred Thompson
- One Million Republicans PAC
- Craig Engle
- Dale Bumpers - Counsel
- John C. Culver - Counsel
- Michael S. Blass - Partner in Charge, NY