Argus Cogeneration Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Nirma - an Indian multinational chemicals and minerals corporation - near Trona, California. The plant provides power to Nirma's Searles Valley Minerals soda ash processing facility.
- Owner: Searles Valley Minerals
- Parent Company: Nirma
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 55.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 27.5 MW (1978), 27.5 MW (1978)
- Location: 13200 Main St., Trona, CA 93592
- GPS Coordinates: 35.764586, -117.382726
- Electricity Production: 349,966 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 1,055,819 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 110 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 0.63 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles