"Arthur Zajonc is professor of physics at Amherst College, where he has taught since 1978. He received his B.S. and Ph.D. in physics from the University of Michigan. He has been visiting professor and research scientist at the Ecole Normale Superieure in Paris, the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics, and the Universities of Rochester and Hannover. He has been Fulbright professor at the University of Innsbruck in Austria. As a postdoctoral fellow at the Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics he researched electron-atoms collision physics and radiative transfer in dense vapors. His research has included studies in parity violation in atoms, the experimental foundations of quantum physics, and the relationship between sciences, the humanities and contemplation. He has written extensively on Goethe's science. He is author of the books Meditation as Contemplative Inquiry, Catching the Light, co-author of The Quantum Challenge, and co-editor of Goethe's Way of Science. In 1997 he served as scientific coordinator for the Mind and Life dialogue with H.H. the Dalai Lama published as The New Physics and Cosmology: Dialogues with the Dalai Lama (Oxford 2004). He again organized the 2002 dialogue with the Dalai Lama, “The Nature of Matter, the Nature of Life,” and acted as moderator at MIT for the “Investigating the Mind” dialogue in 2003 (see www.mindandlife.org). He has also been General Secretary of the Anthroposophical Society in America (1994-2002), president of the Lindisfarne Association, and a senior program director at the Fetzer Institute." 
- President, Mind & Life Institute 
- Religion/Spirituality board, Lifeboat Foundation 
- Cofounder, Hartsbrook School 
- Secretary, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
- Editorial Board, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 
- Advisory Board, E. F. Schumacher Society
- Advisory Board, Nature Institute 
- Advisory Board, World Future Council
- Distinguished Advisory board, Institute of Noetic Sciences 
- Presencing Institute 
- Patron, Field Centre 
- Advisor to the World Future Council, Hamburg Germany. 2006-present
- Co-director of the Five College Faculty Seminar on New Epistemologies and Contemplation, 2003-present
- Board of Directors and also Scientific Advisory Board of the Mind and Life Institute (which convenes conferences with H. H. the Dalai Lama), 1998-2006
- President of the Lindisfarne Association, 1997-present; Fellow since 1982.
- Founding member and Treasurer of the Kira Institute (interdisciplinary institute for science and values) 1997-present
- Advisor to the Fetzer Fellows Program, 1998-2002
- Founding Fellow of the Fetzer Institute, Michigan.
- Member Advisory Board, The Nature Institute, New York
- Member of Advisory Board, E.F. Schumacher Society, Massachusetts
- Member of Advisory Board, Whidbey Institute, Washington.
- Center for the Contemplative Mind in Society, Academic Program Advisory Board (1996-present) and director of its Academic Program (2004-present)
- General Secretary, Anthroposophical Society in America, 1994-2002.
- Director, The Owen Barfield School of Sunbridge College, Co-founder and Director, 2003-present.
- Editorial Board of Journal of Consciousness Studies from its founding to the present.
- Editorial Board of Revision Magazine
- Member Editorial Advisory Board of Orion Magazine from its founding until 1998.
Resources and articles
- Arthur Zajonc, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, accessed November 14, 2011.
- Mind & Life Institute Arthur Zajonc Appointed as the New President of the Mind & Life Institute, organizational web page, accessed January 23, 2012.
- Lifeboat Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed July 10, 2013.
- Hartsbrook School HARTSBROOK-SCHOOL-HANDBOOK-2012-2013, organizational web page, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed July 19, 2013.
- Nature Institute People, organizational web page, accessed May 28, 2013.
- Institute of Noetic Sciences Distinguished Advisors, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Presencing Institute People, organizational web page, accessed March 21, 2013.
- Field Centre Endorsements, organizational web page, accessed June 5, 2013.