Bhognipur power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
Bhognipur power station is a coal-fired power station which has been proposed by Lanco to be built at Bhognipur, Kanpur Dehat district in Uttar Pradesh, India.
The project is proposed to be built at Bhognipur, Kanpur Dehat district in Uttar Pradesh. The map below shows the location of Bhoghipur village but not the exact location of the project.
The following error has been detected in your syntax:
* Parameter coordinates must be one or more valid locations.
A November 2010 news report stated that Lanco has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Uttar Pradesh government for a 1,320 MW project to be completed in five years. Another news report from November 2011 stated that the plant would be commissioned within four years. However, in a February 2012 investor presentation Lanco do not include the project in its projected additional capacity through to 2015.
Location: Uttar Pradesh
Coordinates: 26.201968, 79.814935 (location of Bhognipur but not the exact location of the project)
Nameplate capacity: 1320 MW or 2640 MW
Projected in service: 2015?
Estimated annual CO2: 1320MW: 7,806,085 tons; 2640 MW: 15,612,170 tons
Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- "UP signs MoU with Lanco group to set up power plant", Economic Times, November 5, 2010.
- Lanco Hills, "Leadership Team", Lanco Hills website, accessed February 2012.
- "Power plant at Bhognipur in 4 yrs", Times of India, November 30, 2011.
- Lanco, "Investor Presentation", February 2012, pages 8-9.