Black America's PAC
This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's spotlight on front groups and corporate spin.
Black America's Political Action Committee (BAMPAC) supports conservative policies and African-American candidates. Its name misleadingly suggests that it represents the point of view of African-Americans, but in fact opinion polls and voting patterns show that the vast majority of African-Americans disagree with BAMPAC's political positions.
BAMPAC claims to be nonpartisan, but its IRS tax statement explicitly states that its mission is to elect Republicans.
- Jackie Cissell (The Quandt Group),
- William C. Cleveland (former City Council member and Vice Mayor, Alexandria VA),
- Dr. Marlo Lewis (Senior Fellow, Competitive Enterprise Institute),
- Amy Moritz Ridenour (President, National Center for Public Policy Research),
- Alvin Williams (President and CEO; co-founder, BAMPAC)
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Internet Freedom Coalition", accessed September 2009.