Black River Generating Facility
Black River Electric Generating Facility is a coal-fired power station owned by the investment group Energy Investors Funds Group in Fort Drum, New York.
- Owner: Black River Generation LLC
- Parent Company: Energy Investors Funds Group
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 55.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 55.5 MW (1989)
- Location: Oneida Ave. and 2nd St. West, Fort Drum, NY 13603
- GPS Coordinates: 44.036717, -75.771528
- Electricity Production: 355,836 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions: 684 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 3.84 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 345 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|