This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's spotlight on global corporations.
Brinker International is one of the world's largest casual dining companies. Brinker operates and franchises about 1,500 Chili's Grill & Bar locations in about 30 countries. Chili's trails Applebee's as the world's largest full service restaurant chain. Chili's specializes in southwestern themed dishes. Approximately 680 restaurants are franchisees, including over 200 international locations. In addition to its flagship chain, Brinker also operates Maggiano's Little Italy, a casual Italian chain with over 40 outlets and owns a stake in Romano's Macaroni Grill.
In the fiscal year ending in June 2010, the company reported sales of approximately 2.86 billion dollars and had 68,800 employees.
Public relations & lobbying
Center for Consumer Freedom
- Douglas H. Brooks - Executive Chairman & CEO
- Wyman Roberts - President, Chili's
- Roger Thomson - CAO, Executive VP & General Counsel
- Guy Constant - CFO, Executive VP
- Steve Provost - Sr. VP & President, Maggiano's
- Valerie L. Davisson - Executive VP & Chief People Works Officer
- John L. Reale - President, Global Business Development
- Carin L. Stutz - Senior VP, Strategic Operations
Selected board members
- Douglas H. Brooks - Chairman
- Harriet Edelman - Former SVP and CIO, Avon Products, Inc.
- Marvin J. Girouard - Retired Chairman & CEO, Pier 1 Imports, Inc.
- George R. Mrkonic Retired President & Vice Chairman, Borders Group, Inc.
Key executives & pay
- Douglas H. Brooks (58) - Executive Chairman & CEO - 1.81 M
- Wyman Roberts (51) - President, Chili's - 726K
- Roger Thomson (62) - CAO, Executive VP & General Counsel - 817K
6820 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, TX 75240
Articles & sources
- ↑ Brinker Company Description: Brinker International, Inc., Hoovers, accessed January 2011
- ↑ 2010 PAC Summary Data: Brinker International, Open Secrets, accessed, January 2011
- ↑ Brinker International lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed January 2011
- ↑ Officers & Board Members, Brinker, accessed January 2011
- ↑ Corporate Governance: Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed January 2011