Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions
Learn more about how the State Policy Network aids ALEC and spins disinformation in the states.
The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions (BIPPS) is a conservative think tank that, according to its website, seeks to "set the policy debate in Ohio by researching and promoting relevant and practical solutions to Ohio's most pressing public policy issues." The Buckeye Institute self-aligns with "values of freedom, opportunity, responsibility, and community should drive public policy" and looks to "build coalitions of like-minded individuals and organizations committed to public policy that is driven by the best information available but also by our ideals and values." BIPPS is a member of the conservative State Policy Network (SPN).
- Robert Alt, President
- Steven Carozza, Fellow
- Andrew M. Grossman, Fellow
- Greg R. Lawson, Statehouse Liaison & Policy Analyst
- Erin Sutter, Staff Assistant
- Total Revenue: $491,240
- Total Expenses: $623,952
- Net Assets: $224,511
- Total Revenue: $819,385.00
- Total Expenses: $531,271.00
- Net Assets: $357,122.00
- Total Revenue: $878,745.00
- Total Expenses: $655,685.00
- Net Assets: $69,008.00
88 East Broad St., Ste. 1120
Columbus, OH 43215-3506
Phone: (614) 224-4422
Fax: (614) 224-4644
Email: info at http://buckeyeinstitute.org
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- State Policy Network:
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
- Donors Capital Fund
- Koch Family Foundations
- Koch Industries
- Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity
- Heritage Foundation
- Think tanks
- Whitney Ball
- Adam Meyerson
- Bridgett Wagner
Related PRWatch Articles
- Rebekah Wilce, A Reporters’ Guide to the "State Policy Network": the Right-Wing Think Tanks Spinning Disinformation and Pushing the ALEC Agenda in the States, PRWatch.org, April 4, 2013.
- Sara Jerving, ALEC and Heartland Aim to Crush Renewable Energy Standards in the States, PRWatch.org, November 27, 2012.
- Connor Gibson, Meet the Network Hiding the Koch Money: "Donors Trust" and "Donors Capital Fund", PRWatch.org, October 29, 2012.
- Brendan Fischer, Koch-Funded Mackinac Center Brings Wisconsin Act 10 Provisions to ALEC, PRWatch.org, May 2, 2012.
- Sara Jerving, Franklin Center: Right-Wing Funds State News Source, PRWatch.org, October 31, 2011.
- Center for Media and Democracy and Arizona Working Families, A Reporter’s Guide to the Goldwater Institute: What Citizens, Policymakers, and Reporters Should Know, organizational report, March 14, 2013.
- Paul Abowd, Center for Public Integrity, Donors use charity to push free-market policies in states, Consider the Source, February 14, 2013.
- John R. Mashey, Fake science, fakexperts, funny finances, free of tax 2, DeSmog Blog report, updated October 23, 2012, p. 74.
- Andy Kroll, The Right-Wing Network Behind the War on Unions, Mother Jones, April 25, 2011.
- Guidestar, State Policy Network, IRS filings and other organizational information about SPN.
- Center for Policy Alternatives, ALEC and the Extreme Right-Wing Agenda, organizational brochure about ALEC and SPN.
- John J. Miller, Fifty Flowers Bloom: Conservative think tanks — mini–Heritage Foundations — at the state level, National Review, November 19, 2007.
- Bridge Project, State Policy Network, online resource listing grants to SPN and SPN's connections to other groups.
- People for the American Way, State Policy Network, RightWingWatch.org, organizational resource.
- Greenpeace, Koch Industries Climate Denial Front Group: State Policy Network (SPN), organizational resource.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, About Us, organizational website, accessed November 2012.
- ↑ Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, IRS Form 990, 2011, organizational tax filing, November 12, 2012.
- ↑ Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, IRS form 990, 2010. GuideStar.
- ↑ Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, IRS form 990, 2009. GuideStar.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|