Burlington Generating Station
Burlington Generating Station is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Alliant Energy near Burlington, Iowa.
- Owner: Interstate Power and Light
- Parent Company: Alliant Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 212 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 212 MW (1968)
- Location: 4282 Sullivan Slough Rd., Burlington, IA 52601
- GPS Coordinates: 40.804956, -91.142011
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 1,551,488 tons (2006), 1,480,711.84 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions: 4,352.68 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 1,042.19 tons (2008)
- Mercury Emissions:
Coal Waste Sites
- Burlington Generating Station Ash Seal Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Economizer Ash Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Lower Ash Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Main Ash Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Upper Ash Pond
Articles and Resources
- ↑ Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Iowa Operating Permit Application, Form 5.0, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|