Calhoun Cogeneration Plant
Calhoun Cogeneration Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by AbitibiBowater near Calhoun, Tennessee. The plant supplies power to AbitibiBowater's Calhoun newsprint manufacturing facility.
- Owner: Bowater Newsprint Calhoun Operations
- Parent Company: AbitibiBowater
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 38.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 19.0 MW (1954), 19.2 MW (1954)
- Location: 5020 Hwy. 11 South, Calhoun, TN 37309
- GPS Coordinates: 35.297462, -84.757285
- Electricity Production: 452,546 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 517,929 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 5,326 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 23.54 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 3,254 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Tennessee and coal
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|