California Latino Water Coalition
Learn more about the threat drilling for methane gas poses to fresh water.
The California Latino Water Coalition (CLWC) describes itself as "a statewide coalition of influential Latino leaders that supports development of San Joaquin-Sacramento Delta environmental, conveyance and sustainability solutions along with additional water resources in California. With actor-comedian Paul Rodriguez as chairperson, the organization's goal is to demonstrate the need for a comprehensive statewide water infrastructure plan, a program that includes groundwater and surface water storage capabilities, conservation and water resources stewardship, water recycling and desalinization." 
From the CLWC website: 
- Paul Rodriguez, Chair
- Mayor Victor Lopez, Co-Chair, Central Valley, City of Orange Cove
- Ruben Guerra, Co-Chair, Southern California, Latin Business Association
- Tony Estremera, Co-Chair, Director, Santa Clara Valley Water District
Contact information and Burson-Marsteller connections
Patrick George, cell phone number 310-487-3001, is listed as the CLWC contact on the group's press releases.  George is a director of Burson-Marsteller's media practice, working out of the public relations firm's Sacramento, California office.  The same phone number, along with Patrick George's name and sometimes his Burson-Marsteller email address (patrick.george AT bm.com), is listed on press releases for Accenture , the newsletter of the California Cotton Ginners and Growers Associations , and announcements for the Friant Water Users Authority. 
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "About CLWC," California Latino Water Coalition website, accessed July 2009.
- "News," California Latino Water Coalition website, accessed July 2009.
- "Our office key contact: Patrick George," Burson-Marsteller website, accessed July 2009.
- Press release, "Accenture Study Reveals Need for Chemical Companies to Capture and Share Supply Chain Best Practices," Accenture, January 3, 2008.
- "The Cotton Chronicle," Volume XX, Issue 4, April 2009.
- "Press Conference: San Joaquin River Restoration Settlement Finalized," U.S. Bureau of Reclamation website, September 12, 2006.
- Lloyd G. Carter, "The PR Firm from Hell," as published in the Fresno Community Alliance newspaper, June 30, 2009.
- Dan Bacher, "Westlands Hoards Surplus Water While Farmworkers Suffer: CSPA demands investigation into water hoarding by Westlands and others," IndyBay.org, August 19, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|