Canton Mill Power Plant
Canton Mill Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by the Rank Group near Canton, North Carolina. The plant provides power to Blue Ridge Paper Products' Camden pulp & paper mill; Blue Ridge Paper Products is owned by the Rank Group, the private investment company of Graeme Hart, New Zealand's wealthiest businessman.
<googlemap version="0.9.4" zoom="16" lat="35.5349" lon="-82.84338" type="satellite"> </googlemap>
- Owner: Blue Ridge Paper Products, Inc.
- Parent Company: Rank Group
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 52.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 7.5 MW (1937), 7.5 MW (1941), 7.5 MW (1946), 7.5 MW (1949), 10.0 MW (1952), 12.5 MW (1979)
- Location: 175 Main St., Canton, NC 28716
- GPS Coordinates: 35.5349, -82.84338
- Electricity Production: 361,795 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 412,600 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 8,731 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 5,600 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|