Caraustar Rittman Power Plant
Rittman Paperboard Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Caraustar Industries in Rittman, Ohio. The plant provides power to Caraustar's Rittman paperboard manufacturing facility.
- Owner/Parent Company: Caraustar Industries
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 14.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 3.0 MW (1928), 5.0 MW (1940), 6.0 MW (1946)
- Location: 100 Industrial Ave., Rittman, OH 44270
- GPS Coordinates: 40.969984, -81.775135
- Electricity Production: 15,024 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|