Center for Economic and Entrepreneurial Literacy
This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's spotlight on front groups and corporate spin.
The Center says it wants to teach economics and personal finance to the general public, especially young people. Its website states "Our goal is to teach economics and personal finance using interesting, informative, and real examples. Our economic education program presents facts on personal finance, business economics, entrepreneurship, and government spending in unusual venues such as movie theaters, restaurants, and bowling centers. Take our quizzes to see how much you know, or explore our resources to find out more about consumer loans like mortgages, student loans, short-term payday loans, credit reports, and car loans."
Advertising on Glenn Beck's program
Since Glenn Beck made his statement calling President Obama a "racist" who has a "deep-seated hatred of white people", 80 advertisers have dropped their ads from Beck's Fox News program. MediaMatters gave a list of his sponsors for the October 8, 2009 program. The Center for Economic and Entrepreneurial Literacy was one of them along with other conservative groups such as:
- The Employment Policies Institute, another front group created by Rick Berman
- The Foundation For a Better Life, funded by Philip F. Anschutz, a conservative oil, media and entertainment figure
- Americans Against Food Taxes, a front group funded by the beverage industry
- National Review, a conservative U.S. magazine
- Various companies such as Rosland Capital and Goldline International, Inc. were also sponsors.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- American Beverage Institute
- A Visit to the ActivistCash.Com Web Site
- Berman & Co.
- Center for Consumer Freedom
- Employment Policies Institute
- Employment Roundtable
- Richard Berman cares about animals: clients exposed
- Rick Berman
- The Center for Union Facts
- Daniel Schulman, Dr. Evil's Payday, Mother Jones magazine, September/October, 2009.
- Home page, Center for Economic and Entrepreneurial Literacy, accessed November 2010.
- Media Matters staff, "So who's still advertising on Beck? October 8 edition", Media Matters, October 8, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|