Charles R. Lowman Power Plant
Charles R. Lowman Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by PowerSouth Energy Cooperative near Leroy, Alabama.
- Owner: Alabama Electric Cooperative
- Parent Company: PowerSouth Energy Cooperative
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 538 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 66 MW (1969), 236 MW (1978), 236 MW (1980)
- Location: Carson Road, Leroy, AL 36548
- GPS Coordinates: 31.489833, -87.9215
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source: Galatia Mine, Gibson Mine, Mach 1 Mine, North River mine
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 4,730,394 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions: 17,878 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions: 10,881 tons
- 2005 Mercury Emissions: 188 lb.
Coal Waste Site
See also Alabama and coal
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Alabama and coal
- PowerSouth Energy Cooperative
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|