Chase Carey has served as a director and President and CEO of DIRECTV Group, Inc. since December 22, 2003.
- Director, News Corporation since November 2004.
- Executive Director, News Corporation Limited (the prior parent of the News Corporation group of companies, TNCL), 1996-November 2004; consultant to TNCL, 2002-2003.
- Co-Chief Operating Officer, TNCL, 1996-2002.
- Director, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sky Global Networks, Inc., 2001-2002 (resigned).
- Director, Fox Entertainment Group, Inc. (Fox Entertainment), 1992-2002; Co-Chief Operating Officer, 1998-2002.
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Fox Television, 1994-2000.
- Director, News America Incorporated (News America), 1998-2002; President and Chief Operating Officer, 1998-2002; Executive Vice President, 1996-1998.
- Director, STAR Group Ltd. (STAR), 1993-2002.
- Director, NDS Group, Inc. (NDS), 1996-2002.
- Director, Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (Gemstar-TV Guide), 2000-2002.
- Director, British Sky Broadcasting plc (BSkyB) since February 2003.
Carey "led initiatives such as the launch and growth of Fox Sports, the expansion of the Fox Television Stations group, the emergence of Fox cable channels, and the building of satellite platforms in Europe, Asia and Latin America. Prior to News Corp., he was employed at Columbia Pictures in senior capacities. Carey serves on the boards of DIRECTV, Inc., News Corp., British Sky Broadcasting, Gateway, Inc. and Yell Group plc. Carey earned his degrees at Colgate and Harvard Business School." 
- Personal Tearsheet: "Chase Carey," Forbes.com, accessed May 8, 2005.
- "Chase Carey," Speaker's Biography, Global Conference (Los Angeles), Milken Institute, April 18-20, 2005.
Articles & Commentary
- "Q&A with DirecTV's Chase Carey," BusinessWeek, January 19, 2004: "The satellite operator's CEO aims to gain "a million new subscribers a year" with enhanced, interactive offerings cable rivals can't match."Bold textItalic text
oh really well guess what dick head give your customers what they pay for if you want to find me im not very hard to find if any body wants to know well how about getting blacked out of every major collage football game and i paid for it i pay 3000 dollors a year to be what blacked out bullshit your a fucking thief . you want some old man come and get it il get my 3000 back your direct t/v is a rip off those clowns you hire to black out people in denver are dumb asses cant even tell the differance between texas and florida blocked the texes tech game being played in texes not florida you idiots and to think this is what we paid for and he says 1.000.000.000 hes full of shit not me im yanking this junk out and this hi-def is bullshit . this compony doesnt even care about thier customers . they take your money and dont even wipe your ass after fucking you gooooooieeeee trust me if this outfit is what you want trust me you can do better you get 17 channels of preachers 15 channels of qvc type shit no news except fox cnn well at least i got fox 11 fox 8 and bloomberg try .com you will know if your job up the creek . but im not kidding you can do better than this crap they even blacked me out on ESPN the florida state game i paid for this espn game plan is a rip off mlb is a rip off if you like to watch the cubs not on direct t/v you have no rights at all the bullshit. its well black out rules do what thats called pay per view thats what i paid 247.00 for i think these goofs dont know how to sign contracts lets see im buying 40.000.000 million in these rights well then they are mine to do with 1 time but oh no i think these clowns bump ugleys together .
DONT BUY THIS CRAP TILL THIS GOOF GIVES YOU YOUR RIGHTS BACK IT ISNT WORTH THE BULLSHIT