Chena Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of coal plants|
Chena Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Aurora Energy LLC in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Owner/Parent Company: Aurora Energy LLC (based in Fairbanks)
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 32.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 1.5 MW (1952), 2.5 MW (1952), 5.0 MW (1952), 20.0 MW (1975)
- Location: 1204 1st Ave., Fairbanks, AK 99701
- GPS Coordinates: 64.847462, -147.733923
- Electricity Production: 180,995 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption: 210,000 tons per year 
- Coal Source: Usibelli Coal Mine, Inc., Healy, Alaska
- Number of Employees: 31 
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions: 188 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 2.08 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 679 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- ↑ Usibelli Coal Mine Customers, accessed August 2012
- ↑ "Alaska Power Association 59th Annual Meeting" presentation, by Buki Wright, President of Aurora Energy, LLC, accessed August 2012
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.