Cheswick Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of coal plants|
Cheswick Power Station is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Reliant Energy near Springdale, Pennsylvania.
- Owner: Orion Power Holdings Midwest LP
- Parent Company: Reliant Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 637 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 637 MW (1970)
- Location: 411 Pittsburg St., Springdale, PA 15144
- GPS Coordinates: 40.538333, -79.789722
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 2,818,931 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions: 32,373 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions: 4,221 tons
- 2005 Mercury Emissions: 180 lb.
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Pennsylvania and coal
- Reliant Energy
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|