Chillicothe Paper Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by NewPage Corporation - which is owned by Cerberus Capital Management - in Chillicothe, Ohio. The plant provides power to NewPage's Chillicothe paper mill. In Jan. 2008, NewPage reported that it plans to shut down its Chillicothe paper plant.
- Owner: Chillicothe Paper Inc.
- Parent Company: NewPage Corporation (owned by Cerberus Capital Management)
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 92.8 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 10.6 MW (1952), 24.0 MW (1958), 31.0 MW (1967), 27.2 MW (1978)
- Location: 1101 River Rd., Chillicothe, OH 45601
- GPS Coordinates: 39.321962, -82.974708
- Electricity Production: 535,411 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 702,720 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles