Cinergy Narrows Plant
Cinergy Narrows Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Duke Energy near Narrows, Virginia. The plant provides power to the Celanese Corporation's Narrows acetate manufacturing facility.
- Owner: Cinergy Solutions of Narrows LLC
- Parent Company: Duke Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 27.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 6 MW (1942), 6 MW (1942), 6 MW (1944), 9.2 MW (1966)
- Location: 3520 Virginia Ave., Narrows, VA 24124
- GPS Coordinates: 37.344644, -80.765144
- Electricity Production: 192,893 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|