Citizen Outreach is a conservative, Nevada based, advocacy organization. It describes itself as a non-profit organization "established for the purpose of grassroots advocacy at the federal, state and local levels." Its website states that it reaches over 25,000 people each week through its newsletters and website. They address issues such as "lawsuit abuse, government regulation, privatization, health care reform, school choice, social security reform, tax and spending abuses, and illegal immigration, explaining these issues in terms the average citizen can understand and act upon." It is "focused on limited-government public policies".
Projects & events
According to their website:
- Nevada News & Views: Nevada's only daily online conservative newsblog, featuring stories and opinion you won't find in the mainstream press...or almost anywhere else.
- Taxpayer Protection Pledge: Citizen Outreach serves as the Nevada "agent" for promoting the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, a commitment by candidates to oppose any and all efforts to increase taxes.
- First Friday Happy Hour: The nation's largest monthly networking "happy hour" for conservatives and libertarians.
- Reagan Legacy Project: Ongoing effort to name appropriate landmarks after President Reagan as a reminder of how much his presidency did for the United States.
- Conservative Leadership Conference: Annual conference of conservative leaders and grassroots activists modeled on the national Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).
- Third Thursday Leadership Luncheon: Monthly center-right meeting of conservative leaders designed to build coalitions and let the right hand know what the other right hand is doing.
- Leadership Training Seminars: Hands-on training for candidates, campaign managers, campaign staff, and grassroots activist leaders in the areas of Candidate Development, Communications, Grassroots Organization and Fundraising.
- Chuck Muth, President and CEO
- Doug Bandow, Vice President of Policy
- Kerri Houston Toloczko, director
767 Benedict Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89110
Email: chuck AT citizenoutreach.com
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Coalition for a Democratic Workplace
- Internet Freedom Coalition
- State Policy Network
- United For Jobs
- Home page, Conservative Leadership Conference, accessed November 2010.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|