Claremont Institute for the Study of Statesmanship and Political Philosophy
From the Claremont Institute web pages:
- "The mission of the Claremont Institute for the Study of Statesmanship and Political Philosophy is to restore the principles of the American Founding to their rightful, preeminent authority in our national life.
- "The Claremont Institute finds the answers to America's problems in the principles on which our nation was founded. These principles are expressed most eloquently in the Declaration of Independence, which proclaims that 'all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights…'
- "To recover the Founding principles in our political life means recovering a limited and accountable government that respects private property, promotes stable family life and maintains a strong defense.
- "The Institute's work is only beginning. Today, our state and federal governments spend vast and increasing sums of public money for less and less good. The public sector continues to grow at the expense of the private. Regulations intrude into every corner of our lives. Schools no longer perform. Police and courts no longer protect. Good businesses are being driven to extinction by excessive and discriminatory controls, and as a result good jobs continue to disappear. Dependence grows and opportunity wanes with each passing year.
- "The Claremont Institute believes that informed citizens can and will make the right choices for America's future. Through its books, policy briefings, conferences and seminars, and now through the new electronic media of the World Wide Web, the Institute engages Americans in an informed discussion of the principles and policies necessary to rebuild our civic institutions.
- "Founded in 1979, the Claremont Institute's work is national in scope, but gives special emphasis to the problems of our country's largest state, where the Institute is based. Institute studies like the the pioneering 1988 book, The Imperial Congress (co-published with the Heritage Foundation), innovative policy proposals such as our 1995 'Contract with California,' our ongoing work on the cultural attacks on the American family, and our decade-long involvement in the critical debates over environmental regulations and property rights law--all have earned the Institute a reputation for sound scholarship and diligence in the service of constitutional government.
- "America's Founders endowed our Republic with sound principles and a framework for governing that is unmatched in the history of mankind. The prosperity and freedom of America can only be made secure if they are guided by a return to these basic principles as our country enters the 21st Century."
|Documents Contained at the Anti-Environmental Archives|
Documents written by or referencing this person or organization are contained in the Anti-Environmental Archive, launched by Greenpeace on Earth Day, 2015. The archive contains 3,500 documents, some 27,000 pages, covering 350 organizations and individuals. The current archive includes mainly documents collected in the late 1980s through the early 2000s by The Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research (CLEAR), an organization that tracked the rise of the so called "Wise Use" movement in the 1990s during the Clinton presidency. Access the index to the Anti-Environmental Archives here.
- Sarah Scaife Foundation - $325,000
- Roe Foundation - $15,000
- Armstrong Foundation - $2,500
- The Carthage Foundation - $75,000
- Philip M. McKenna Foundation - $45,000
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation - $110,000
- Shelby Cullom Davis Foundation - $10,000
- Castle Rock Foundation
- Earhart Foundation
- Gilder Foundation
- Hickory Foundation
- Jaquelin Hume Foundation
- JM Foundation
- John M. Olin Foundation
- John Templeton Foundation
- Randolph Foundation
- William H. Donner Foundation
- Publius Fellowship - an intensive two week summer course in political philosophy and journalism designed for undergraduate seniors, recent graduates, and graduate students who are interested in careers in journalism, academia, or public policy.
- Investment Security Program - educates citizens and state legislators about the effects of American capital investments in terrorist-sponsoring states.
- Internship Opportunities with the Claremont Institute - Each year, they host a number of college students with summer internships.
- Golden State Center - to draw on the Institute's scholarship and research for practical application to the policies of the California.
- Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership - a group of health professionals familiar with guns and medical research, is the antidote to those who twist science to serve a misguided anti-gun ideology.
- Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence - a public interest law firm, in order to further Claremont's mission through strategic litigation.
- Ballistic Missile Defense Project - supporting missile defenses.
- Americans for Victory Over Terrorism: Right-wing website propagating the "anti-terrorist"/orientalist message. Website's Reading List is primarily drawn up from writings by Bernard Lewis, Martin Kramer, Samuel Huntington, Steven Emerson, Yossef Bodansky, Benjamin Netanyahu…
Board of Directors
- Chairman: Bruce C. Sanborn — President, Upland & Marsh
- Vice Chairman: Larry P. Arnn — President, Hillsdale College
- Howard F. Ahmanson, Jr. — Fieldstead & Co.
- Edward Erler — Prof., California State University San Bernardino
- Joel H. Farkas — JF Companies
- Christopher Flannery — Prof., Azusa Pacific University
- Thomas A. Fuentes — Senior Fellow, The Claremont Institute
- James E. Higgins — New Vernon Capital, LLC
- Harry V. Jaffa — Prof. Emeritus, Claremont Graduate School
- Lawrence Kadish — First Fiscal Fund Co.
- Brian T. Kennedy — President, the Claremont Institute
- Charles R. Kesler — Prof., Claremont McKenna College
- Thomas D. Klingenstein — Cohen, Klingenstein & Marks, Inc.
- Edwin C. Laird — President, Coatings Resources Group
- Jeffrey B. Lewis — The Claremont Institute
- John Marini — Prof., University of Nevada at Reno
- Kenneth Petersen — Partner, Tax and Financial Group
- Peter W. Schramm — Executive Director, John M. Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs
- W. Robert Stover —Westaff, Inc
- Brian F. Sullivan — Co-Chairman SimonDelivers.com
- Thomas G. West — Prof., University of Dallas
Board of Advisors
- Roberta Green Ahmanson — Fieldstead & Co.
- Richard B. Cammack — President, Cammack and Associates
- Henrietta Fankhauser — Livermore, California
- Daniel J. Frederick — Wayzata, Minnesota
- Michael Maibach
- Donald E. Moe — Senior Vice President, The Irvine Company
- Gregory R. Palen — President, Palen/Kimball Company
- Thomas K. Phillips — Chairman, Phillips International, Inc.
- Pat Sajak
- Johnny Zamrzla
Claremont Institute Links
- The Acton Institute
- The American Civil Rights Institute
- The American Enterprise Institute
- The Ashbrook Center
- Center of the American Experiment
- Center for Security Policy
- Council for International Security
- The Discovery Institute
- Empower America
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Faith and Reason
- Federalist Society
- Freedom House
- The Heritage Foundation
- The Independent Women's Forum
- The Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis
- Institute for Justice
- Institute of the North
- Institute of World Politics
- Landmark Legal Foundation
- The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- Pacific Legal Fund (maybe should be Pacific Legal Foundation ???)
- Pacific Research Institute
- Washington Legal Foundation
- Young America's Foundation
937 West Foothill Boulevard, Suite E
Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 621-6825
Fax: (909) 626-8724
Email: info AT claremont.org