Cogen South Power Plant
Cogen South Power Plant is a 99 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by SCANA in North Charleston, South Carolina. The plant provides power to MeadWestvaco's North Charleston wood products processing plant.
- Owner: South Carolina Electric & Gas Company
- Parent Company: SCANA
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 99 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 99 MW (1999)
- Location: 5600 Virginia Ave., North Charleston, SC 29406
- GPS Coordinates: 32.897056, -79.967944
- Electricity Production: 573,438 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 1,039,625 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 1,055 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 3.68 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 1,487 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|