Conectiv Energy is a competitive wholesale energy trading and generation company and an unregulated subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. Conectiv is solely a holding company with no business operations, and divides its activities into two operational categories: Merchant Generation & Load Service and Energy Marketing.
Conectiv Energy Generating Stations
Conectiv Energy has 19 electric generating stations. Most run on gas, but the following run on coal:
|Plant Name||State||Year(s) Built||Capacity|
|Deepwater Generating Station||NJ||1958||82 MW|
|Edge Moor Power Plant||DE||1954, 1966||252 MW|
Conectiv Energy Timeline:
- 1978 - Congress passes the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act, which lays the groundwork for deregulation and competition by opening wholesale power markets to nonutility producers of electricity.
- 1992 - Congress votes to promote greater competition in the bulk power market with the passage of the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- 1996 - Meetings begin at Delmarva Power & Light to study how to optimize the value of its unregulated power plants in the wholesale energy marketplace. Energy Trading begins, a new unit comprising 35 employees.
- 1997 - The new business gets its first major deal - to build pipeline margins for Tosco.
- 1998 - Delmarva Power & Light and Atlantic Energy merge to form Conectiv (which includes Conectiv Energy). Conectiv acquires Petron Oil Company. The merchant business is expanded beyond traditional service territories.
- 2000 - Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is formed, transferring strategic assets and merchant activities to one company.
- 2001 - Conectiv announces its merger with Pepco (including Pepco Energy Services) under the PHI umbrella.
- 2005 - Atlantic City Electric and Delmarva Power resume their heritage brand names as part of PHI's efforts to reinforce its connections to the communities its utility companies serve.
Conectiv Energy Corporate Offices
P.O. Box 6066
Newark, DE 19714
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "Conectiv Energy" Pepco Holdings Website, August 2009.
- ↑ "Pepco Holdings 2008 10K Report" Edgar Online, Filed March 2, 2009.
- ↑ "Conectiv Energy Generating Stations" Conectiv Energy Website, August 2009.
- ↑ "Conectiv Energy History" Conectiv Energy Website, August 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|