This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's spotlight on front groups and corporate spin.
The Consumer Alliance for Energy Security describes itself as "a broad-based coalition of consumers and industrial and institutional energy users committed to alleviating the current U.S. energy crisis by pushing for greater access to the abundant supply of domestic energy on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS)."
A media release on the group's website states that John Engler, the President of the National Association of Manufacturers was a "founder" of the alliance.
- Adhesive and Sealant Council, Inc.
- Agriculture Energy Alliance
- Aluminum Association
- American Chemistry Council
- American Fiber Manufacturers Association
- American Forest & Paper Association
- American Gas Association
- American Iron & Steel Institute
- Carpet and Rug Institute
- International Sleep Products Association
- National Association of Manufacturers
- National Corn Growers Association
- National Paint and Coatings Association
- Printing Industries of America
- Rubber Manufacturers Association
- Society of the Plastics Industry
- The Soap and Detergent Association
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "About Consumer Alliance for Energy Security - CAES", accessed March 2008.
- ↑ "CAES Echoes Need For Forward-Thinking Energy Policy". Media Release, May 23, 2007.