Dambisa Moyo "was born and raised in Zambia, Southern Africa. She completed a PhD in Economics at Oxford University and holds a Masters from Harvard University. She completed a Bachelors degree in Chemistry and MBA in Finance at the American University in Washington D.C..
"She worked at Goldman Sachs for 8 years in the debt capital markets, hedge fund coverage and in global macroeconomics teams. Previously she worked at the World Bank in Washington D.C.. Dambisa was recently nominated to the Board of Lundin Petroleum – a global independent oil and gas exploration and production company.
"Dambisa is a member of Cambridge University’s Centre for International Business and Management (CIBAM), and the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House). Dambisa is also a Patron for Absolute Return for Kids (ARK), a hedge fund supported children’s charity, and serves on the Board of the Lundin for Africa Foundation, which pledged US$100 million towards microfinance initiatives.
"Dambisa argues for more innovative ways for Africa to finance development including trade with China, accessing the capital markets, and microfinance.
"Dambisa has also been offered a contract for another book, entitled How the West Was Lost, scheduled for publication with Penguin and Farrar, Straus & Giroux in 2010. This book examines the policy errors made in the US and other Western economies which culminated in the 2008 financial crisis. And discusses why financial and economic experts missed the signs of the credit crunch. It also explores the policy decisions that have placed the emerging world- China, Russia and the Middle East, in pole position to become the dominant economic players in the 21st century." 
- Dambisa Moyo, Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa (2009). (Foreword by Niall Ferguson)
- Rasna Warah, "The Development Myth", Znet, May 12, 2009.
- "Dead Aid, By Dambisa Moyo ( A Review)", Zambian Economist Blog, June 4, 2009.
- Madeleine Bunting, "The Road to Ruin", The Guardian, February 14, 2009.
- William Wallis, "Lunch with the FT: Dambisa Moyo", Financial Times, January 30, 2009.
- Sonia Shah, "Why Africa Doesn't Want Foreign Aid", The Nation, March 17, 2009.