Dr. Yergin is a member of the Board of the United States Energy Association, a member of the National Petroleum Council and a director of the New American Foundation.  A biogrpahical note states that he "chaired the US Department of Energy's Task Force on Strategic Energy Research and Development" and is the "only foreign member of the Russian Academy of Oil and Gas."
He is also on the board of counselors for the Arabic media group Layalina Productions.
"Dr. Yergin is a member of the National Petroleum Council, a trustee of the Brookings Institution and a director of the United States Energy Association and of the US-Russia Business Council. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Energy Initiative, and Singapore's International Energy Advisory Board. He is a "Wise Man" of the International Gas Union and a member of the Russian Academy of Oil and Gas. In 2012, he became an Adjunct Professor at the China University of Petroleum in Beijing.Dr. Yergin holds a B.A. from Yale University, where he founded The New Journal, and a Ph.D. from Cambridge University, where he was a Marshall Scholar." 
- The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money and Power
- Commanding Heights: The Battle for the World Economy
- Russia 2010: And What It Means for the World
- Shattered Peace: The Origins of the Cold War
Other SourceWatch Resources
- "Daniel Yergin, Chairman", accessed July 2006.
- Atlantic Partnership, "AP People: Daniel Yergin", accessed July 2006.
- "Daniel Yergin", Keynote Speakers, accessed July 2006.
Articles By Yergin
- Author Page: Daniel Yergin", Foreign Affairs Magazine, accessed July 2006.
- Alan Tonelson, "Yergin-Nonsense, Not Yergin-omics", American Economic Alert, July 01, 2002.