|This profile of a DEFEATED 2008 U.S. House candidate for Washington's district 8 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the Washington members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Washington portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Darcy Burner is the Democratic candidate in the 2008 congressional elections for the 8th Congressional District (map) of Washington. She won the Democratic nomination to challenge incumbent Rep. Dave Reichert (R-Wash.). Burner unsuccessfully challenged Republican Rep. Dave Reichert in 2006.
Positions, record and controversies
Born in 1970, Burner was adopted at birth into a Republican family in Nebraska farm country. Her father was a member of the Air Force for 20 years and in 1989, Burner was named Civil Air Patrol National Cadet of the Year. She graduated from Harvard University where she studied computer science and economics. She married her husband Mike in 1993, and moved first to California, then to Washington where she was employed by Microsoft. She has one son.
Burner served as a volunteer for David Ross's unsuccessful 2004 bid for the seat for which she is currently running.
Burner's race against incumbent Rep. Dave Reichert (R-Wash.) was very close, as Reichert held a 3,120-vote lead after an initial count. The count, however, did not include as many as 50,000 mail-in votes. Reichert was eventually declared the winner, however, and retained his seat.
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases.
The following is drawn from government records of campaign contributions to Darcy Burner. Campaign contributions are one of the most direct conduits for influencing members of Congress. How to use this information. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00027600&cycle=2008</crpcontribdata>
Committees and affiliations
Burner will be assigned committees if and when she is elected to Congress.
More background data
Darcy Burner for Congress
P.O. Box 1090
Carnation, WA 98014
Campaign Office: Darcy Burner for Congress HQ
1607 116th Avenue NE Suite 103
Bellevue, WA 98004
Phone: (425) 443-2564
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:Washington State and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ About Darcy, Darcy Burner for Congress.
- ↑ Eric Kleefeld, "The Latest On The Last Up-For-Grabs House Races: No One's Conceding," TPM Cafe, November 13, 2006.
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Washington’s 8th Congressional District
- ↑ "Darcy Burner for Congress"
- ↑ Directors, Council for a Livable World, accessed April 19, 2010.
- Darcy Burner for Congress, official campaign site.
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Washington’s 8th Congressional District
Local blogs and discussion sites
- Evergreen Politics.
- Hominid Views.
- HA Seattle Blog.
- Northwest Progressive Institute Official Blog.
- On The Road To 2008