David C. Novak
Novak's compensation from Yum! Brands was $3.6 million in 2014, with an additional $17.32 million in exercised options.
Novak has held numerous positions at Yum! Brands, including Group President and CEO of KFC Corporation and Pizza Hut from 1996 to 1997, President of Yum! Brands Inc. from 1997 to 2012, and CEO of Yum! Brands from 1999 to 2014. According to Businessweek, Novak's other positions include:
- "He served as Vice Chairman and President of Tricon Global Restaurants Inc., from June 1997 to January 2000. Mr. Novak served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of KFC North America from 1994 to 1996. He served as Chief Operating Officer of Pepsi-Cola North America since 1992. He served as an Executive Vice President of Marketing and National Sales for Pepsi-Cola Company since 1990. He served as Senior Vice President of Marketing of Pizza Hut since 1986. He has been Presiding Director of JPMorgan Chase & Co., since 2001 and has been its Independent Director since 2001. He has been an Executive Director of YUM! Brands Inc. since 1997. Mr. Novak has been an Independent Director of JPMorgan Chase & Co. since 2001. He served as a Director of Banc One Corporation from 2001 to 2004. He serves as a Director of Yum! Brands Foundation and serves as a Director of the Friends of the United Nations World Food Program. He served as a Director of Bank One Corporation since 2001. Mr. Novak holds B.A. degree from the University of Missouri in 1974."
Yum! Brands lists the following additional affiliations and awards for Novak on its website:
- "Novak is on the board of directors of the Yum! Brands Foundation and World Food Program USA. Additionally, he is a member of The Business Council and The American Society for Corporate Executives, while also devoting considerable personal support to the United Nations World Food Programme and Dare to Care Food Bank hunger relief. In the spring, he will receive the prestigious 2015 Horatio Alger Award for his commitment to philanthropy and higher education and become a lifetime member of the Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans. He is a recipient of the 2012 UN World Food Program Leadership Award for Yum! Brands World Hunger Relief effort that raises awareness, volunteerism and funds to address this global problem. He is also the recipient of the national 2008 Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship."
Resources and Articles
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Yum! Brands, Board of Directors, organizational biography, accessed March 3, 2015.
- YUM! Brands, "2014 10-K, SEC Filing, December 27, 2014.
- Vanessa Wong, "Yum! Brands CEO-to-Be Greg Creed Will Confront Some Tough Challenges," Bloomberg Business, May 2, 2014.
- David C. Novak, Bloomberg BusinessWeek profile, accessed June 20, 2012.