Delta Air Lines
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
|Company Name||Delta Air Lines|
|CEO Name||Richard Anderson|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$11,504,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$35,115,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$10,329,343|
|Click here for sources.
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Delta Air Lines is one of the largest air carriers in the U.S., along with American Airlines and United Airlines. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, it has hubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, New York, Detroit, Minneapolis, and Salt Lake City and flies to more than 50 countries. Comair is a subsidiary.
In 2011 Delta reported $35,115,000,000 in revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Delta spent $1,800,000 for lobbying in the first half of 2007. Five outside lobbying firms were used, including Quinn Gillespie & Associates, Preston, Gates & Ellis, LLP, and The Washington Group. 
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Richard H. Anderson - CEO (former executive VP of UnitedHealth Group
- Edward H. Bastian - President
- Roy J. Bostock - Vice Chairman
- John S. Brinzo
- Daniel A. Carp - Chairman
- David G. DeWalt (former president and CEO of McAfee, Inc.)
- William Easter
- Mickey Foret (former executive VP and CFO of Northwest Airlines)
- Shirley C. Franklin
- David R. Goode
- George N. Mattson (former partner at Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Paula Rosput Reynolds
- Kenneth C. Rogers
- Kenneth B. Woodrow (former vice chairman of Target Corporation)
Former board members include
- John F. Smith Jr.
- Richard K. Goeltz ( also former Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer of American Express Company
- Walter Massey (also Director of Bank of America Corp., BP PLC, and McDonald's)
As of January 2013
- Richard H. Anderson - Chief Executive Officer
- Edward Bastian - President
- Michael H. Campbell - Executive Vice President, Human Resources & Labor Relations
- Stephen E. Gorman - Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Glen W. Hauenstein - Executive Vice President, Network Planning & Revenue Management
- Richard B. Hirst - Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Paul Jacobson - Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Andrea Fischer Newman - Senior Vice President, Government Affairs
- Holden Shannon - Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Real Estate
- John E. "Ned" Walker - Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
- Theresa Wise, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
Former executives include
- Gerald Grinstein - former CEO
- James M. Whitehurst - former COO
- David Goode
- Lee A. Macenczak - former executive VP of sales and customer service
1030 Delta Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30320
Articles and Resources
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ Delta Profile, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.
- ↑ Delta Air Lines, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page 24.
- ↑ 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed September 2007.
- ↑ Delta lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
- ↑ Delta, Board of Directors, organizational website, accessed January 2013
- ↑ Board of Directors, Delta, accessed September 2007.
- ↑ Delta, Leadership, organizational website, accessed January 2013
- ↑ Delta Key People, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.