Democrats abroad 2008 presidential primary and superdelegates
This page is part of the Superdelegate Transparency Project
Also see this article's talk page for discussion and notes.
Democratic presidential primary
The Democrats Abroad Democratic presidential "global primary" election took place between Feb. 5 – 12th, 2008.
- See also the 2008 federal election calendar (U.S.) and the embeddable Google calendar of the presidential primary dates and the congressional primary dates.
This chart shows the delegates to the Democratic National Convention in August 2008, who will elect the Democratic nominee for president. Listed are "pledged delegates" - those who were elected through the state's caucuses or primaries - and the "superdelegates" - those who are delegates by virtue of their party or elected office.
Delegate allotments for At-Large and PL/EO delegate types are both based on statewide totals. Therefore, the statewide totals need only be listed in the 'At-Large' row
|Congressional District or Affiliation||Clinton Vote ||Obama Vote ||Other Vote ||Pledged Clinton ||Pledged Obama ||Superdelegate||Superdelegate Status||Agrees w/ voters?||Accepted Donation(s) From||Donation Amount|
|Europe/Middle East/Africa Pledged||4251||9615||224||1||2|
|At-Large Pledged||7501||15214||390||0.5 ||1 |
|PL/EO Pledged||0.5 ||0.5 |
|DNC||Robert Bell||Hillary Clinton |
|DNC||Connie Borde||Barack Obama |
|DNC||Toby Condliffe||Barack Obama |
|DNC||Liv Gibbons||Barack Obama |
|DNC||1||Christine Marques||Barack Obama |
|DNC||Theresa Morelli||Hillary Clinton |
|DNC||Leo Perez Minaya||Hillary Clinton |
|DNC||Brent O'Leary||Barack Obama ||
† all delegate votes from Democrats Abroad (both pledged and superdelegate) are worth 1/2 vote each at the Democratic National Convention. This table shows the final value of each vote at the DNC convention, rather than the actual number of pledged and superdelegates attending the convention.
Delegates in the following two categories are pledged delegates
- "At-Large Pledged" delegates are pledged delegates and are apportioned according to the statewide popular vote.
- "PL/EO Pledged" delegates are also apportioned according to the statewide popular vote but are selected from a pool of party leaders and elected officials.
Delegates in the following five categories are all unpledged superdelegates
- "Dem. Governor" delegates are sitting Democratic governors.
- "Dem. Senator" delegates are sitting Democratic senators.
- "DNC" delegates are party officials.
- "Distinguished Party Member" delegates are former Democratic Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Speakers of the House, Minority or Majority leader of either house of Congress, Governors, or DNC Chairmen.
- "Add-On Unpledged" delegates are [To Be Determined].
You may use this list to confirm that the correct number of delegates and superdelegates are represented on the table.
Wobbler and leaner superdelegates
Articles and resources
- Portal:Superdelegate Transparency Project
- U.S. presidential election, 2008
- Portal:2008 U.S. Congressional Elections
- ↑ Democrats Abroad, Wikipedia.org, retrieved February 13, 2008
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Democrats Abroad REVISED Final Results Press Release (PDF)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Obama Wins Democrats Abroad Global Primary, Feb 21, 2008 -- Note that this news release shows the total number of delegates awarded, rather than the total number of convention votes (which are half that number.)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Democrats Abroad Democratic Delegation 2008, The Green Papers, accessed February 29, 2008
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Judy Gerstel Obama, Clinton court Toronto supervotes, 'The Star', Feb 16, 2008
- ↑ Kevin McCandless, Obama Cleans Up in 'Global Primary', Cybercast News Service, Feb 22, 2008
- ↑ Breda Heffernan, Democracy On Tap Puts Pints and Ballot Papers Together, 'The Independent', Feb 6, 2008
- ↑ Obama Campaign Release on Democrats Abroad Superdelegate Pickup, Time.com, May 14, 2008
- ↑ "Democrats Abroad Automatic Delegate Theresa Morelli Endorses Hillary", press release on HillaryClinton.com, May 5, 2008
- ↑ Ivan Salcedo, "Vote Democrat in the Dominican Republic.", Blog Ivan Salcedo, February 13, 2008
- ↑ Obama Campaign Press Release (PDF)
- DemConWatch - Best source for superdelegate endorsement info.
- USAToday Election Central - Probably the best resource for votes. Pledged PL/EOs and At-Large delegates are shown at the bottom.
- WashingtonPost.com - Adobe Acrobat document with full listing of superdelegates broken out by state and then type.
- CapitalEye - Lists campaign contributions in last cycle.
- PoliticalIndex.com - State political party links (the Washington Post link above should give complete information. However, if you need to follow up, try these links.
- Politico.com - politico.com's page showing superdelegate status. If you click on the '+' icon for any state/territory, the list will expand and show the commitments. WARNING - This should not be considered a valid source for updating the table. It is however useful as a reference for finding source material. For instance, you can use a Google's news search to confirm a superdelegate's status as it is shown on politico.com.
- PoliticalResources.com - Links to Secretary of State offices (for official election results).
- Wikipedia's page on superdelegates - This list may supplement the info available at DemConWatch. Watch out for unsourced information, though.