Desert Power Plant
Desert Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by DQ Holdings LLC near Tooele, Utah. It is adjacent to MagCorp's Tooele County magnesium plant. Construction on the Desert Power Plant has apparently not yet been completed.
- Owner: Desert Power LP
- Parent Company: DQ Holdings LLC (majority owned by Charles M. Darling IV)
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 43 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 43 MW (1999)
- Location: Tooele, UT 84074
- GPS Coordinates: 40.9131, -112.7342
- Electricity Production: 725 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 802 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|