Neulapoi power station (Dhenkanal)
Neulapoi power station (Dhenkanal) is a proposed 1320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Odisha, India.
The map below shows the location of the project near Neulapoi village, Dhenkanal district.
The project was originally planned for operation in 2014, but by August 2015 had not received environmental clearance. The project is not mentioned on Essar Energy's website list of upcoming projects, nor in its 2014 Annual Report, and appears to be deferred or abandoned.
Location: Neulapoi village, Dhenkanal district, Odisha
Coordinates: 20.723611, 85.692778 (exact)
Capacity: 660 MW
Projected in service: First quarter of 2014 (original proposal)
Coal Source: Indigenous
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications: Environmental Impact Assessment, January, 2013
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- "EIA/EMP Studies for 1320 MW (2X660MW) "Neulapoi Thermal Power Plant, Orissa" CESC Limited, 2010.
- "Environmental Impact Assessment for 2x500 MW Thermal Plant" CESC Limited, April 2009.
- Environmental Impact Assessment, January, 2013.
- Essar Energy, "2010 Annual Report", Essar Energy, April 2011, page 12.
- "New projects", Essar Energy website, accessed September 2015