Donald F. McHenry
Donald F. McHenry "served as ambassador and US permanent representative to the United Nations from September 1979 to January 1981, and was a member of President Carter's Cabinet. Ambassador McHenry is currently a Distinguished Professor in the Practice of Diplomacy at the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University and president of the IRC Group, an international consulting firm.
"Ambassador McHenry has studied, taught and worked primarily in the fields of foreign policy and international law and organizations. He joined the US Department of State in 1963 and served for eight years in various positions related to US foreign policy. He also worked at the Brookings Institution, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. In 1976, he served as a member of President Carter's transition staff before joining the US Mission to the UN, where he was appointed US deputy representative to the UN Security Council in March 1977.
"Ambassador McHenry has taught at Southern Illinois, Howard, American and Georgetown Universities. He is the author of Micronesia: Trust Betrayed (Carnegie Endowment, 1975) and numerous other articles published in professional journals and newspapers. Ambassador McHenry is a director of a number of major corporations and nongovernmental organizations, an editorial board member of Foreign Policy Magazine, and a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
"Born in St. Louis, Missouri, he graduated from Illinois State University and received a Master's Degree from Southern Illinois University with majors in international affairs and in rhetoric and public address. He has done post-graduate work at Georgetown University." 
- Director, American Ditchley Foundation
- Director, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute
- Director, Institute for International Economics
- Director, International Center for Transitional Justice
- Trustee, American Assembly 
- Trustee, Institute of International Education
- Emeriti Trustee, Columbia University 
- Senior Advisory Committee, National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
- Advisory Council, Eurasia Foundation
- Advisory Board, Partnership for a Secure America
- Advisory Council, Women's Foreign Policy Group
- 1983 Charter Member, American Academy of Diplomacy
- Member, Task Force on the United Nations
- "Biography", International Center for Transitional Justice, Accessed December 2006.