Donald H. Rumsfeld/External Links
The following are external links related to the main article Donald H. Rumsfeld.
- Donald Rumsfeld in the Wikipedia.
- "Rumsfeld's War," PBS Frontline, October 2004 documentary.
- "Rumsfeld's War," Washington Post, archives from 2001-2004 with video and discussions.
- Stan Goff, "Reflecting on Rumsfeld," truthdig, October 17, 2006.
Publications by Donald H. Rumsfeld
- "Rumsfeld's Rules", First Edition 1974, Copyright 1980; Revised February 2001. The "rules, reflections and quotations came from my role as Chairman of the 'transition team' for President Gerald R. Ford and my service as White House Chief of Staff. Others came from experiences as a U.S. Naval Aviator, a Member of Congress, Ambassador to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), Secretary of Defense, Presidential Middle East Envoy, business executive, Chairman of the U.S. Ballistic Missile Threat Commission, and other experiences."
Articles, Commentary & Memo's by Donald H. Rumsfeld
- "War in the Information Age: In a 24/7 world, the U.S. isn't keeping up with its enemies in the communication battle", Los Angeles Times, February 23, 2006.
- "Rumsfeld's Memo of Options for Iraq War", New York Times, December 3, 2006.
Articles & Commentary about Donald H. Rumsfeld
- James Carroll, "Rumsfeld and the Big Picture," Boston Globe (Common Dreams), March 27, 2006.
- Michael Scherer and Mark Benjamin, "What Rumsfeld knew. Interviews with high-ranking military officials shed new light on the role Rumsfeld played in the harsh treatment of a Guantánamo detainee," Salon, April 14, 2006.
- Martin Sieff, "The Cost of Keeping Rumsfeld," UPI (Monsters and Critics (UK)), April 19, 2006.
- "Time for him to go. George Bush is a fool for keeping Donald Rumsfeld in his job," The Economist, April 20, 2006.
- Geoff Elliott, "Rumsfeld still dodging bullets," The Australian, April 20, 2006.
- "VIDEO: Rumsfeld Called Out On Lies About WMD," Think Progress, May 4, 2006.
- "Rumsfeld heckled over war in Iraq," BBC, May 5, 2006.
- "Ex-CIA analyst: Rumsfeld 'should have owned up'. 'It's a matter of telling the truth,' man says after Iraq questioning," CNN, May 5, 2006.
- Peter Spiegel, "Former CIA analyst grills Rumsfeld at Atlanta talk," Los Angeles Times (Seattle Times), May 5, 2006.
- William M. Arkin, "Rumsfeld Didn't Lie, But He Should Still Go," Washington Post, May 5, 2006.
- Will Dunham, "Rumsfeld heckled over Iraq war 'lies'," The Age (Australia), May 6, 2006.
- Andrew Buncombe and Stephen Khan, "CIA in disarray as Rumsfeld starts turf war with rival," The Independent (UK), May 7, 2006. re CIA and John D. Negroponte
- Sidney Blumenthal, "George Bush Sr. asked retired general to replace Rumsfeld. The former president's secret campaign to oust the secretary of defense was rebuffed by President Bush, a source says," Salon, June 8, 2006. Preview or registration required.
- Judd Legum, "What’s Happened In Iraq Since The Last Time Rumsfeld Testified," Think Progress, August 3, 2006.
- "Rumsfeld: ‘I Have Never Painted A Rosy Picture’ About Iraq," Think Progress, August 3, 2006.
- Joe Sudbay, "Rummy's testifying after all," AMERICAblog, August 3, 2006.
- John Amato, "Rumsfeld says war critics are Nazi appeasers," Crooks and Liars, August 29, 2006.
- Ann Scott Tyson, "Rumsfeld Assails Critics of War Policy," Washington Post, August 30, 2006.
- Leonard Pitts, Jr., Opinion: "Don't believe Rumsfeld's fantasy," Detroit Free Press, September 2, 2006.
- David W. Chen, "G.O.P. Hopeful Says Rumsfeld Should Resign," New York Times, September 3, 2006. re Thomas H. Kean Jr.
- Cragg Hines, "Playing politics with Iraq? Where'd you get that idea?" Houston Chronicle, September 3, 2006.
- Susan Cornwell, "Democrats see support for anti-Rumsfeld vote," Reuters (Washington Post), September 4, 2006.
- Dilip Hiro, "Sitting on defence. Targeting Donald Rumsfeld with a no-confidence vote would be a clever move by Democratic members of Congress," comment is free .../Guardian Unlimited (UK), September 4, 2006.
- Eric Pfeiffer, "Democrats plan a vote on Rumsfeld," Washington Times, September 4, 2006.
- "House, Senate Democrats write Bush on Iraq, Rumsfeld," The Raw Story, September 4, 2006.
- Joe Gandelman, "Baggage, Fighting Fascism And Donald Rumsfeld," The Moderate Voice, September 4, 2006.
- Marjorie Cohn, "Donald Rumsfeld: The War Crimes Case," The Jurist, November 9, 2006.
- Adam Zagorin, "Exclusive: Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Over Prison Abuse. A lawsuit in Germany will seek a criminal prosecution of the outgoing Defense Secretary and other U.S. officials for their alleged role in abuses at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo," TIME Magazine, November 10, 2006.
- "Rumsfeld may face abuse charges," BBC, November 11, 2006: "A complaint has been launched by the US-based Center for Constitutional Rights, representing a Saudi detained in Cuba and 11 Iraqis held in Baghdad. ... German law allows the pursuit of cases originating anywhere in the world."
- Joe Sudbay, "When Condi knifed Rummy or how the Sec. of State disposed of the Sec. of Defense (and Cheney)," AMERICAblog, November 12, 2006. re Condoleezza Rice
- "Rumsfeld, others sued for 'war crimes'," UPI, November 14, 2006.
- Ryan Olden, "Former Abu Ghraib commander repeats allegation that Rumsfeld ordered abuses," Jurist, November 25, 2006.
- "Ex-general at Abu Ghraib says Rumsfeld OK'd abuse," Reuters (The Boston Globe), November 26, 2006.
- Michael R. Gordon and David S. Cloud, "Rumsfeld Memo Proposed ‘Major Adjustment’ in Iraq," New York Times, December 2, 2006. re stay the course
- Michael Petrelis, "From DoD: Rummy in Philly, Dec. 1, 2006," Petrelis Files Blogspot, December 2, 2006.
- "Rumsfeld memo admits Iraq strategy failing," Reuters (CNN), December 3, 2006.
- "Rumsfeld urged Iraq tactics shift," BBC, December 3, 2006.
- Robert Parry, "Gates Hearing Has New Urgency," Consortiumnews, December 3, 2006: "George W. Bush’s back-of-the-hand to the Baker-Hamilton commission’s Iraq War troop drawdown plan – and the disclosure that Bush ousted Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld after he sought a major shift in war policy – has given new urgency to the Dec. 5 hearings on Robert M. Gates to be Bush’s new Pentagon chief."
- Editorial: "Leaked Rumsfeld memo signals Iraq war is waning," USA TODAY, December 4, 2006.
- P.M. Carpenter, "Rummy's memoed thoughts as originally drafted," p m carpenter's commentary, December 4, 2006.
- "Fed court to hear 'landmark torture case' against Rumsfeld," The Raw Story, December 4, 2006.
- Judd Legum, "Contradicting Bush, Rumsfeld Claims He Was Replaced Because Of 'The Outcome Of The Election'," Think Progress, December 12, 2006.
- Rowan Scarborough, "Rumsfeld's transition raises questions," Washington Times, January 25, 2007.
- Nico Pitney, "Rumfeld Remains Defense Department 'Consultant,' Opens 'Transition Office' Near Pentagon," Think Progress, January 25, 2007.
- Roger Morris, "The Undertaker's Tally (Part 1): Sharp Elbows," TomDispatch.com, February 13, 2007. Intro "Tomgram: Roger Morris, Donald Rumsfeld's Long March" by Tom Engelhardt. (Also see Dick Cheney.)
- Roger Morris, "The Undertaker's Tally (Part 2): The Power and the Glory,", TomDispatch.com, February 15, 2007. Intro "Tomgram: Roger Morris, The Rumsfeld Legacy" by Tom Engelhardt.
- "Scathing Bio Exposes Rummy's Rage, Incompetence, Shrimpiness," Fresh Intelligence / Radar Online, February 26, 2007.
- "The Architects of War: Where Are They Now?" Think Progress, July 2007.
- Michel Chossudovsky, "Rumsfeld Helped Al Qaeda Establish a Stronghold in Northwestern Pakistan", Global Research, July 26, 2007.