|This is a profile of a U.S. Representative. (See the Colorado portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
Record and controversies
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Mr Lamborn became a hit on You Tube during the election of 2006 when he was caught during a public debate telling an audience member to shut up! 
Born in 1952, Lamborn earned both his Bachelor's degree in Journalism and his Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas. In 1994, he was elected to the Colorado State House of Representatives where he served until his election to the Colorado State Senate in 1998. He and his wife Jeanie have five children. 
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00028133&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Doug Lamborn
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Doug Lamborn from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Doug Lamborn from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Doug Lamborn from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands
- Subcommittee on Water & Power
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs
More Background Data
3730 Sinton Road, Suite 150
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Phone: (719) 520-0055
Fax: (719) 520 0840
Articles and resources
- Lamborn for Congress, official campaign site.
Local blogs and discussion sites
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|Committees: ouse Committee on Armed Services, House Committee on Armed Services/Subcommittee on Readiness, House Committee on Armed Services/Subcommittee on Seapower and Expeditionary Forces, House Committee on Natural Resources, House Committee on Natural Resources/Subcommittee on National Parks Forests and Public Lands, House Committee on Natural Resources/Subcommittee on Water and Power, House Committee on Veterans' Affairs, House Committee on Veterans' Affairs/Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 7, 2006
|First Took Current Office:
January 4, 2007
November 2, 2010
|Previous Political Work?
Colorado Senate, Colorado House of Representatives
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: May 24, 1954