|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Bosnia-Herzegovina and coal.|
The EFT Group' was initially an energy trading company with a particular focus on the former eastern European countries. Since 2005 the company has owned and operated the Stanari coal mine in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is seeking to expand its interest into owning and operating power stations, including coal and hydro plants.
EFT Rudnik i Termoelektrana Stanari d.o.o., a subsidiary of the EFT Group, owns and operates the Stanari coal mine, which is located approximately 70 kilometres to the east of Banja Luka in Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The company is also proposing to build the 300 megawatt Stanari Thermal Power Plant as the largest customer for coal from the mine.
- Vuk Hamovic is the founder and chairman of the company. He was described in the Financial Times as a "controversial Serbian businessman".
EFT International Investments
111 Buckingham Palace Road
Articles and Resources
- EFT Group, "The EFT Story", EFT Group website, accessed October 2012.
- "About", EFT Group website, accessed October 2012.
- EFT Group, "EFT Annual Review 2011-2012", EFT Group, May 2012, page 48.
- Andrew MacDowall, "Bosnia energy: China sees potential", Beyondbrics (Financial Times blog), June 28, 2012.