Energy East Corporation [NYSE:EAS] is a Fortune 500 company that serves 2.9 million public utility customers with energy, primarily electricity and natural gas. In 2007 the Spanish electrical company Iberdrola agreed to purchase Energy East. The deal closed on September 17, 2008.
- Berkshire Gas 
- CMP - Central Maine Power 
- CNG - Connecticut Natural Gas 
- NYSEG - New York State Electric and Gas Corporation 
- RGE - Rochester Gas and Electric 
- SCG - Southern Connecticut Gas 
- USS - Utility Shared Services - Formed in 2003 to provide IT, HR, Purchasing, Finance, and Accounting services for the six regulated utilities.
- Central Maine Gas - a tiny natural gas company serving customers around Brunswick, ME
- Energetix! - an unregulated utility based in Rochester, NY
- New Hampshire Gas - a small propane/air utility in New Hampshire
Energy East and Coal
Russell Station (also known as Rochester 7 Station) is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Energy East and its subsidiary Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E) near Rochester, New York. "In February, 2008 RG&E and the State of New York settled the state’s claim that the company made major upgrades to Russell Station in the mid-1980s without installing required pollution controls. RG&E says that modifications to the plant were merely routine maintenance and were therefore exempt from 'new source review' pollution control requirements. Under the terms of the settlement, RG&E will pay $500,000 to the New York State Research and Development Authority for Rochester-area energy efficiency or pollution reduction projects authorized by the state and $200,000 to the state Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)," a Rochester Gas and Electric media release stated.
BNY Mellon Shareowner Services
PO Box 358015
Pittsburgh, PA 15252
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "IBERDROLA Completes Friendly Acquisition of Energy East" Iberdrola Press release, Trading Markets Website, September 17, 2008
- ↑ "RG&E and The State Settle Dispute Regarding Russell Station" Rochester Gas and Electric Press Release, February 20, 2008.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|