Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Equifax Inc. is a publicly owned consumer reporting agency founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1899. According to the company's website, "Equifax "leverage one of the largest sources of consumer and commercial data, along with advanced analytics and propriety technology, to create customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers."The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
In 2011, Equifax reported $1,959,800,000 in operating revenue.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
- Richard F. Smith: Chairman and CEO Equifax Inc.
- James E. Copeland, Jr.: Retired CEO, Deloitte&Touche and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Robert D. Daleo: Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Thomson Reuters
- Walter W. Driver, Jr.: Chairman, Southeast, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Mark L. Feidler: Founding Partner, MSouth Equity Partners
- L. Phillip Humann, Presiding Director: Retired Chairman and CEO, SunTrustBanks, Inc.
- Siri S. Marshall: Retired Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of General Mills
- John A. McKinley: Co-Founder, LaunchBox Digital
- Mark B. Templeton: President and CEO of Citrix Systems
1550 Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Resources & articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security